Who we are
The Human Longevity Project is a documentary film series that will take you on an exciting journey around the globe, on a mission to discover the secrets of the longest-lived and healthiest populations on Earth.
Filmed over 2 years, in over 50 locations, in 9 countries, on 3 continents, this film will uncover the key lifestyle, environmental, and physiological components to avoid chronic disease, increase health span, and put the brakes on aging in our modern world.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
From time to time, and at the customers’ interaction we collect some personal information. This may include personal data, such as name, email address, personal account preferences; transactional data, such as purchase information; and technical data, such as information about cookies.
We collect this data to connect with you, a client or potential customer.
Personal data is not just created by a user’s interactions with your site. Personal data is also generated from technical processes such as contact forms, comments, cookies, analytics, and third-party embeds.
By default, the Human Longevity Project does not collect any personal data about visitors, and only collects the data shown on the User Profile screen from registered users.
Use of personal information
We use the information you provide to register for an account, attend our events, receive newsletters, use certain other services, or participate in our website in any other way.
We will not sell or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
We would like to send you email marketing communication which may be of interest to you from time to time. If you have consented to marketing, you may opt out later.
You have a right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes. If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please click on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
All contact submissions to our site are stored for our internal use to interact with the person submitting the form and for customer service.
Additionally, information about how you use our website is collected automatically using “cookies”. Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. This information is used to track visitor use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity.
Third Party Links
Legal grounds for processing personal information
We rely on one or more of the following processing conditions:
- our legitimate interests in the effective delivery of information and services to you;
- explicit consent that you have given;
- legal obligations.
Retention of personal information
We will retain your personal information on our systems only for as long as we need to. We keep contact information (such as mailing list information) until a user unsubscribes or requests that we delete that information from our live systems. If you choose to unsubscribe from a mailing list, we may keep certain limited information about you so that we may honor your request.
We will not delete personal data from logs or records necessary to the operation, development, or archives of the website.
When deletion is requested or otherwise required, we will anonymise the data of data subjects and/or remove their information from publicly accessible sites if the deletion of data would break essential systems or damage the logs or records necessary to the operation, development, or archival records of the website.
Rights in relation to your information
You may have certain rights under data protection law in relation to the personal information we hold about you. In particular, you may have a right to:
- request a copy of personal information we hold about you;
- ask that we update the personal information we hold about you, or independently correct such personal information that you think is incorrect or incomplete;
- ask that we delete personal information that we hold about you from live systems, or restrict the way in which we use such personal information (for information on deletion from archives, see the “Retention of personal information” section);
- object to our processing of your personal information; and/or
- withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal information (to the extent such processing is based on consent and consent is the only permissible basis for processing).
If you would like to exercise these rights or understand if these rights apply to you, please follow the instructions at the end of this Privacy Statement.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Human Longevity Project uses Google Analytics and Google Webmaster Tools to analyze our website and visitor behavior. The information may include IP Addresses and page tracking. We may collect statistics about the behavior of visitors to its websites. We do not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described in this policy.
Who we share your data with
Human Longevity Project does not share any personal data with anyone.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Your Contact Information
You can contactHuman Longevity Project by completing this form.